This is my husband’s favorite meal. For guest you could serve over noodles, dumplings or mashed potatoes.
- 1 pkg. chicken breast, skinless [3-4 breast]
- 1-1/2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon thymepinch cayenne peppersalt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or to taste
- 1 pkg.[8oz.] cream cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2-1 cup sour cream4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
Cook chicken in chicken broth, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper till tender. I use an electric skillet and simmer for several hours so chicken is very tender. Add more broth if needed. Remove chicken from skillet and cut into bite size pieces; set aside. In a large skillet saute onion in butter. Add cream cheese, whipping cream and sour cream. Heat on low till melted. Add parsley, paprika and chicken and heat without coming to a boil.