A very easy, low carb dinner that’s easy to prepare and very good. 6 carbs per serving!
Asparagus Bacon Pie
- 1 can (14.5 oz.)cut asparagus
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled.
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup heavy cream and enough water to make 1/2 cup.
- 1 cup grated parmesean cheese, divided
- 1 Tbs. sliced green onions
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg
Arrange the bacon and asparagus on the botton of pie plate.In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, 1/2 cup cheese and other ingredients. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.Total carb count is 24 for the entire pie. Cut the pie into 4 sections and each piece only has 6 carbs and the rest of the pieces heat up nicely in the microwave for the rest of the week. Note: To cut out some more carbs, use less asparagus and it’s still very tasty.