What I want to be when I grow up.... part 105.
byon 09-02-2009 at 04:42 PM (496 Views)
Maybe the problem is that I don't ever plan to grow up! lol
Anyway, I am making some plans. Now this is odd for me, because I am definitely a Live in the Moment kind of girl.
Quite a while ago, I realized that I was either living in the past (missing my dead relatives, mourning the move from farm to city, etc.); or skipping great stuff because I wasn't skinny enough.. I notice that doesn't bother girls these days, they wear anything no matter what size they are, but when I was 16 and had perfectly usable, good looking, sturdy legs, I never went out in a bathing suit or shorts because they were "fat".
That said, I am still trying to live in the now, celebrate my victories, and be here 100%-- but I am also thinking of all the interesting things I can do if I lose weight, get to goal, or get healthier.
Todays Version of the Skinny Top Ten: Not in any particular order.
1. Run with my dog and my son and actually beat them. (probably won't, lol)
2. Play a game of tennis
3. Run to greet my DH, leap into the air and throw my arms around his neck, my legs around his waist and give him kisses while talking 100 miles an hour. I used to do this every time were apart for 15 minutes, lol. No, that's ROFL
4. Ride a horse, a mule, or a burro. The last horse I rode (at about 160) kept up a steady, rytmic Uggh, ugggh, sound at every step. I felt like an animal abuser, although he was at least 12 hands high and built more like a rhino than a horse. later I found out his 99 pound owner made him complain too, but it was disconcerting for a fat gal.
5. Take a horsemanship class at the university and pretend I'd never even seen one before, much less started riding before my grandaddy before I could walk-- this neccesitates being able to actually raise a foot (in jeans no less) higher than my own head to hit the stirrup of most horses, lol. See No. 4
6. Buy clothing in the normal size department.
7. Go to a restaurant with a group of new friends and order something besides the lettuce and water. After all, they'll think Im one of those skinny people who can eat everything.
8. Slalom water ski -- last time i tried on one ski it was harder than pulling the baby elephant at Marine World, I thought my arms were gonna get pulled out of the sockets before I finally let go and gave up. The boat was tipping backwards, lo
9. Cuddle in the same easy chair as my husband or son and actually fit.
10. Weigh LESS than my husband and boy combined. I don't even have to get to goal to do this: I have already lost more than my little boy weighs!!!!
What's on your top ten list?
Cheers! L Chai'im Auguri~! ˇ Felicitaciones! Salúd. etc. etc.
Total Trackbacks 0