This recipe is especially for all of you Starbucks lovers!!
Reality check: A tall mocha or frapp typically has over 40g of carbs (all of which come from sugar)! This flawless recipe yields about triple the product for almost no carbs without sacrificing that delicious taste! I always have a shot of coffee and a small meal before my morning workouts so one day I decided to combine the two and this has since become my new favorite breakfast item! =)
People always ask me when the best time to take a pre-workout shake is, and I think about 45 minutes before your workout is a good idea. This gives enough time for the body to start breaking down the food. From experience, if you take one too soon, you may feel it climbing back up your throat during intense training (gross I know!)
Here’s a little info on why whey and coffee are great pre-workout ingredients:
Whey Protein: Whey is the fastest-digesting protein, so it’s amino acids hit your bloodstream quikly and help stop muscle breakdown during workouts and jump-start the muscle-building process that comes with recovery.
Coffee: Beside the obvious “wake-me-up” that caffeine provides, there is plenty of evidence that pre-exercise caffeine consumption increases lipid metabolism, delays glycogen depletion, and even increases exercise endurance.
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 or 2 Shots of Expresso
1 Tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 Packets of PureVia
1. Make expresso coffe as usual and set aside to allow to cool
2. Mix the cocoa powder and a tad bit of water in a cup and microwave for about 10 seconds to allow the cocoa powder to dissolve.
3. Combine the expresso, almond milk, dissolved cocoa, PureVia, and chocolate protein in a blender
4. Add ice little by little until your desired consistency/thickness is achieved
5. Pour in a cup and drink up!
For more personally made daily low carb/ keto/ protein recipes check out www.sinorslim.com