Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions, both by those new and not-so-new to low carb.
Newbie Topics (21)
Topics of special interest to those new to a low carb lifestyle.
*How many carbs should I be eating?
* Do I have to count calories, too?
* What are net carbs?
* How much weight can I expect to lose?
* How often should I weigh?
* I’ve been following my plan and exercising, so why is the scale stuck?
* Do salty foods make you gain weight?
* Do I need special vitamins?
* What’s the deal on water?
* What can I do about leg cramps?
* Can I be a vegetarian and still low carb?
* Can I start or continue low carbing if I’m pregnant or nursing?
* So, is it true that low-carb diets are high in fat?
* Won’t all that fat raise my cholesterol?
* Will low carb help my high blood pressure?
* Is it true that low carb diets can cause gall bladder problems?
* I’ve had a cholecystectomy. Can I still low carb?
* Can I low carb diet if I’m diabetic or pre-diabetic?
* Is it normal to feel terrible during induction?
* My ketostix are purple, so how come I’m no longer losing weight?
* Is alcohol permitted in low carb eating programs?
Ongoing Losses (2)
Concerns for those in the midst of their low carb journeys.